The first step is a phone call away. We will come out, view your area and provide a free initial consultation. Once you are ready to move forward from the initial consultation, the A Touch of Dutch Landscaping Design-Build process will begin. The steps are outlined below:
Let’s work together to fully visualize your goals.
Determine your goals:
- If you have a vision of a finished product, magazine clippings or sketches of your dream, share those with us.
- Consult with family members about what the finished project should include.
- Do you need a complete landscape design or a simple concept drawing?
- Complete this simple questionnaire to get started and we will contact you to set up a site visit.
Set a budget
- Before starting, it is helpful to determine your landscaping budget so we can work towards your landscaping needs and remain within your budget.
- Are there aspects of your landscape project that you prefer to do yourself such as planting or mulching? These and many other aspects will have a bearing on the final price.
- The great thing about working with outdoor projects is that almost any project can be completed in phases. If a dream landscape design is just not financially feasible, a plan can be developed that can be completed in smaller, manageable stages over two to four years
Determining the requirements for your project
Initial meeting on site:
- If possible have a copy of the property survey available.
- Notify us of special zoning or building code restrictions.
- Discuss your objectives.
- We will determine the fee for the landscape design based on the details to be included in the landscaping design.
- We will take measurements and photos of the work area(s).
- We will send you (via e-mail, fax, or in person) a simple concept drawing.
- This drawing will include minimal details and measurements and is necessary to determine the location and shapes of hardscapes and garden areas.
- We will work with you to use this concept as a starting point to create a final layout for your project.
Final Landscape Design review at our office:
- We will begin by reviewing the completed design as well as the specific components (plants, stone, etc.).
- We will present you with the estimates for completing the project.
- We will review the need for locates and permits depending on the project.
- At this point, a tentative schedule for installation can be discussed.
- If changes are needed:
- We will determine the changes and fees for a new design.
- Estimates will to be revised to reflect changes.
- Agreements can be signed at this point or you can take additional time to review all the information provided.
For some people it is hard to visualize the completed project from an overhead view. We have a variety of options to help you visualize the final product. A fee may apply for these additional drawings depending on the details required.
- Colour Rendering – Adds a small amount of perspective.
- Elevation Drawings – Simple 2-dimensional drawing.
- Conceptual Drawing – 3-dimensional drawing.
- Construction Details – If you plan to do the work yourself.
As you have paid a fee for the landscape design it is yours to keep, regardless if we do the work or if you prefer to do it yourself.
Make your plan a reality.
- Upon acceptance of our proposal, we will schedule both the start and completion dates.
- We can discuss the order in which different components will be installed.
- After the job is completed we will leave you with instructions on how to maintain your newly installed landscaping project so you can enjoy it to the fullest.
- A one year warranty is included with the installation on all labour and materials.